Connect with us

News

PUBG Mobile: Teen Reportedly Spent Over Rs. 2 Lakhs From Grandfather’s Bank Account on Game

Published

on

A 15-year-old teen in Delhi’s Timarpur transferred Rs. 2.34 lakhs from his 65-year-old grandfather’s account to make in-app purchases on PUBG Mobile, according to reports. The issue reportedly came to light in May after the man was alerted of the transfers that took place over a period of two months. A complaint was filed in the Timarpur police station and was later moved to the Cyber Cell of North district through which it was found that the funds were transferred to Paytm for PUBG Mobile that was banned by the government just last week.

The teenager withdrew Rs. 2.34 lakhs from his grandfather’s account to reach the “Ace” rank on PUBG Mobile, said Deputy Commissioner of Police (North) Anto Alphonse, as reported by Hindustan Times. He told the police that his PUBG account was hacked after he had initially reached the Ace rank.

As per the police investigation, the teenager was transferring funds from his grandfather’s account between March 7 and May 8 for fuelling PUBG Mobile, according to a report by The Indian Express. He was using a Paytm account to move funds from the debit card of his grandfather. As per the report by The Indian Express, the teen transferred a total of Rs. 2,34,497 to the Paytm account.

Advertisement

However, he got noticed on May 8 — after a message was received by his grandfather from the bank, informing him of withdrawal of Rs. 2,500 from his bank account. That left him with just Rs. 275 in his account.

“He visited the bank to realise that a total of Rs. 2.34 lakhs had been transferred from his account to a Paytm account in multiple instalments in over two months. He then approached us,” the DCP said, as cited by Hindustan Times.

The police reportedly contacted Paytm to identify the hacker whose account was used for transferring the funds and was able to trace the account holder. However, the account holder informed the officers that his Paytm wallet was used by a friend, who was later found to be the complainant’s grandson.

Notably, the teenager wasn’t traceable at the initial stage as he allegedly deleted the one-time password (OTP) messages from his grandfather’s phone. “Whenever, one-time password (OTP) would arrive for the payments, he would take his grandfather’s phone, see the password and delete the message,” the DCP said.

The police didn’t take any legal action against the teenager since his grandfather withdrew the complaint after knowing who was withdrawing the funds from his bank account.

Having said that, this wasn’t the first time when a player set his family members back by lakhs of rupees just for sake of levelling up on PUBG Mobile. In July, a 17-year-old from Punjab grabbed the headlines for spending Rs. 16 lakhs from his parents’ bank accounts on the battle royale game. That followed a Mohali-based 15-year-old who reportedly spent Rs. 2 lakhs on the game from his grandfather’s pension account.

The Indian government last week imposed an indefinite ban on PUBG Mobile and PUBG Mobile Lite alongside 116 other apps and games that had a linkage with China. PUBG Corporation, the developer behind the mobile game, also recently announced that it had decided to no longer authorise the PUBG Mobile franchise to Shenzhen-based Tencent Games in the country. That was a move to eventually convince the government to remove the restriction.


Should the government explain why Chinese apps were banned? We discussed this on Orbital, our weekly technology podcast, which you can subscribe to via Apple Podcasts, Google Podcasts, or RSS, download the episode, or just hit the play button below.

Advertisement

Source link

Advertisement
Comments

News

One UI 5 Beta on the Galaxy S22 in the US: How to Download

Published

on


When I mentioned earlier that I wouldn’t be surprised if the One UI 5 Beta went live in the US over the weekend, I didn’t have a hunch or any proof, only that Samsung announced and then pulled a news post saying as much. And well, they can re-post that if they want to because the One UI 5 Beta has indeed gone live in the US for the Galaxy S22, Galaxy S22+, and Galaxy S22 Ultra.

Who wants it? Let’s talk about how to get One UI 5 up and running on your phone.

How to download One UI 5 on your Galaxy S22

For those interested in testing out beta software, you can register and then update to One UI 5 and Android 13 on your Galaxy S22 phone right now. All you need to do is head into the Samsung Members app, swipe through the cards at the top until you see the image below, tap on it, then follow the instructions to get registered.

Advertisement

Join One UI Beta 5 Program

Once you have registered, Samsung will let you know that it may take a few minutes before the download will be available. You’ll check for the update by heading into Settings>Software update>Download and install. For me, the update was there almost immediately. If you don’t see it right away, give it a few minutes and then try again.

The update weighs in at 2.8GB, has the August Android security patch, and will come with a version number of S901U1UEU2ZVH4 on the Galaxy S22, S906U1UEU2ZVH4 on the Galaxy S22+, and S908U1UEU2ZVH4 on the Galaxy S22 Ultra.

Galaxy S22 One UI 5 Beta

For the full feature list, you will be presented with it at the time of download. The list is massive and we’ve captured it here.

Let us know what you are finding that’s worth sharing!

Advertisement



Source link

Continue Reading

News

Google TV’s Secret Free Live TV Channels Revealed

Published

on


Want to hear something cool on this beautiful Friday? Your Google TV might soon get free live TV. Yeah, seriously.

Google has apparently been building out live TV into the Google TV platform for some time, but only recently has evidence arrived suggesting it may be around the corner. The evidence also reveals that Google plans to start with 50 channels, none of which you’ll have to pay for.

The report comes from a look inside the code of a recently updated Android TV launcher app by 9to5Google, who found the full list of Google TV channels as well as promo text to inform users of the new freebie.

Advertisement

Should Google launch this soon, you could see a “Enjoy 50 channels of live TV without the need to subscribe, sign-up, or download,” message. The most important parts there surround that section about no “need to subscribe, sign-up, or download.” The idea is that Google TV will feature these free channels, likely with the “Live” tab in the Google TV UI. This is currently where your YouTube TV, Pluto TV, or Philo subscriptions live, assuming you are a subscriber.

As for the 50 Google TV channels, the full list can be found below.

Google TV Free Live Channels List

ABC News Live
America’s Test Kitchen
American Classics
The Asylum
Battery Pop
CBC News
ChiveTV
Deal or No Deal
Divorce Court
Dry Bar Comedy
FailArmy
Filmrise Free Movies
Hallmark Movies & More
It’s Showtime at the Apollo!
Kevin Hart’s LOL! Network
Love Nature
Maverick Black Cinema
MooviMex
Nature Vision
NBC News Now
Newsmax TV
Nosey
The Pet Collective
Power Nation
Reelz
Teletubbies
Today All Day
Toon Goggles
USA Today
World Poker Tour
Wu Tang Collection TV
Xumo Crime TV
Xumo Movies
Xumo Westerns

Confused at this idea? This isn’t a new feature for the world of TV. In fact, Samsung offers Samsung TV Plus to its smart TV owners for free, with a list of 200+ channels. The content is all free to view with advertisements and is more than likely a similar style of offering that Google will do here.

This feature has not yet been announced by Google, but it sure seems like we’re getting close.

Advertisement



Source link

Continue Reading

News

Discovery+ is Coming For Your HBO Max. I’m Sorry.

Published

on


Owning a whole bunch of content seems like an awesome problem to have until you try to monetize it all in ways that make a “viable business.” That part in quotes seems to be the key takeaway from this week’s big news in the media space. Warner Bros. Discovery announced during their latest earnings call that they’ll need to merge HBO Max and Discovery+ to get to business viability.

From this report out of Variety, it sounds like Warner wants to slow churn, which is basically subscribers coming and going frequently. By combining the two networks, they might be able to then offer a single subscription that gets the whole family to not want to cancel. That would mean all of HBO’s movies and originals under the same roof as flippin’ and fixin’ up homes in 34 different styles.

We have no idea what the name of this new service will be or how much Warner will decide to charge for it, but we know it’ll happen in the summer of 2023. You have a year left to enjoy HBO Max as it is, without the Gaines’ and the Magnolia Network being further forced into your brains.

Advertisement

Currently, HBO Max has two subscription options, a $14.99/mo plan with no ads and a $9.99/mo plan with ads. Discovery+ has similar options priced at $6.99/mo and $4.99/mo, respectively.

Apologies for my tone here, it’s just that the world of streaming went from being, “Hey, à la carte TV is awesome!” to media companies realizing that was never a “viable business” and going back to the way it always was, by just combining it all into one bloated package full of stuff we don’t want.



Source link

Advertisement
Continue Reading

Most Popular